“Windows 11” is now the latest and most powerful version of Windows. And everyone, including you, is excited to download and install Windows 11 for free. Right? But remember, installing a clean copy of Windows 11 can completely erase all data on your hard drive. That’ll put the new Windows 11 on your personal computer or laptop. Well, don’t worry about your data because we have got you covered.
We are covering some tips and tricks such as how to speed up your computer and the best apps for your PC or laptop. If your PC is running with problems, we also have a guide on how to fix the common issue to secure your computer. So don’t worry, just explore the latest Operating System.
Why should you install Windows 11?
Well, it is true that when you install Windows 11 or upgrade Windows 10 to 11, it’ll undoubtedly leave some files behind. But suppose you have a virus or malware on your computer and you don’t even know about that. Or your computer’s pre-installed bloatware bored you. Or Windows 11 is now the latest and most powerful version of Windows; so why should we not explore this? Whatever your reason it’s fairly easy to install a fresh copy of Windows 11.
How to download and install Windows 11?
In this article, you are going to learn how you can easily download and install Windows 11 by yourself without any cost. So, to do that we divided this article into 5 parts that will make it easy to understand and save you time.
- Check System capability and minimum requirements to install Windows 11.
- Back up data and get the Product key to install Windows 11.
- Create a bootable drive or Windows 11 installation media.
- Install a clean or fresh Windows 11.
- Explore the new Windows 11 out-of-box experience.
01. Check system capability and requirements to download and install Windows 11
To download and install Windows 11 you need to fulfill Microsoft’s system requirement So, let’s check this out first off, you all want to check whether your pc is even capable of running Windows 11. And it is very important to check the system’s capability to install any Operating System.
I. Download the PC health check app
Once you finish installing, run the app and it’ll tell you whether you qualify or not. But here is a Pro Tip – You don’t need to check it now because if you’re currently using the latest Windows 10 then your system can run Windows 11.
Assuming that you’re a Windows 10 user and ready to upgrade to Windows 11. Then you should see the major changes between Windows 10 and Windows 11. By the way, you don’t need to worry about system requirements.
II. Minimum system requirement to install windows 11
Note: Windows 11 will easily install on your Gaming PC or Gaming laptop. And for information purposes here are the minimum system requirements to download and install Windows 11. According to Microsoft, this is the minimum requirement that your system has to fulfill to install windows 11.
- CPU: a 1 GHz or faster dual-core or higher processor on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip.
- Memory: 4 GB RAM.
- Storage: 64 GB.
- Firmware: UEFI with Source Boot capable.
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- Graphics Card: DirectX 12 compatible graphics / WDDM 2.x.
- Display: A display 9 inches or larger, with a resolution of 720p or higher.
02. Backup data to download and install Windows 11
Once again, we are reminding you that installing a fresh copy of Windows 11 will erase every data on your hard drive”. So, you’ll want to make sure that you have a backup in place of any critical files that you want to keep.
You can use an external hard drive to back up your files or probably the easiest approach is to use Microsoft OneDrive to sync your files with the cloud. It is easy to create a backup files account on a Microsoft OneDrive.
- Go to Microsoft OneDrive Personal Cloud Storage. Click on Create a free account.
- There are two options, either you want to create with your phone number or with a new email. Choose to create a new one with email. Then put an address that you want as your OneDrive account and choose the extension. Then click on Next.
- Create a strong password and click on Next.
- Put your First Name and Last Name, then click on Next.
- Choose your country/religion and put your date of birth. Then click on Next.
- Click on Next again and fill in some captcha.
With this, your OneDrive account automatically adds some important folders to OneDrive. And this is how you can create Microsoft OneDrive to back up your data.
03. Get the product key to download and install Windows 11
Now comes one of the important parts of installing Windows 11 on your device. You must need a product key to install Windows 11; also, you can use a product key from windows 7, 8, 10, or 11 to install windows 11. Or you can get a bunch of Product Keys for FREE by following how to activate Windows 10 for free.
To find your product key –
- Go down to search on the taskbar, click on that, and then type Command Prompt.
- Click on the best match option. Once the command prompt opens up, type in the following command.
“wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey”
Feel free to copy the above code and paste this onto your command prompt. Then click Enter. You will get your product key. Note down the key value because you need to put that value to install a fresh copy of Windows 11.
If you don’t have a license key for windows and you want to buy one, please buy direct from Microsoft. Now if you previously used this computer with Windows, if you’re reinstalling Windows on that computer and you log in with the same Microsoft account it should automatically activate windows for you. But hey this way you at least know what your product key is with all of that.
04. Create a bootable drive or Windows 11 installation media
To make you feel lite and clear – A bootable drive is a combination of USB (Universal Serial Bus), SSD (Solid Test Drive), and an HDD (Hard Disk Drive) which helps to start a computer. Now you need to create your Windows 11 installation media or a so-called bootable drive. Right? So, to do that-
- Head to the Windows 11 downloads page.
- Then go down to the second option that says create windows 11 installation media.
- Click on Download now. This will kick off the download of a .exe file.
- Click on that file once it opens up.
- You’ll have to accept the terms and then click on ok.
- Next, you can select your language and you can also decide whether you want to use the recommended settings or not. I would suggest you leave that checked and then click on Next.
- On this screen, you have to select where you want to create your installation media. I would recommend creating this on a USB stick. Then click on Next.
After clicking the Done button wait for some time to complete the download. You need at least 8 Gigabytes of space for that. Once you’re done creating your installation media, get ready to restart your PC
05. Install Windows 11
Now we are just 50% away from completing the download and install Windows 11 process to get a whole new Windows experience. So, your system capability and requirements are checked. Data backup completed. The bootable drive is done. Now Restart your PC with Windows 11 installed flash drive. On the prompt, press the F2 key or Escape key to boot your device.
- On the “Windows Setup,” then click on the Next Button.
- Then click Install Now.
- If you are reinstalling your device, click the “I don’t have a product key” option. But if you’re installing Windows 11 for the first time, enter your product key to continue.
- Then click on the Next button.
- Select (if applicable) the edition of Windows 11. After that click on the Next button.
- Select the “I accept the license term” option to continue. Then click on the Next button.
- Click the “Custom: Install Windows only (Advanced)” button.
- Choose the partition or drive where you want to put it. It’s completely your decision. So, choose yourself and delete unnecessary spaces.
- Finally, click on the Next button.
Now wait sometimes and it will bring you a whole new Windows 11. And this is how you can install a clean Windows 11 on your Personal Computer or Laptop. It will take a little time. So, you have to wait sometimes to enter a new Windows world.
“Out-of-box Experience” after downloading and installing Windows 11
Assuming you completed the above steps in this download and install Windows 11 guide. Now prepare yourself because you are going to enter our last and most satisfying part of this installation, it’s time to explore the new Windows 11 out-of-box experience. Before starting here is an important message for those users who are going to download and install Windows 11 for the first time. You must create a Microsoft account and also be OBBE to choose your preference.
I. General Setup
- First, you are in this position, right? Choose your religion. And click on Next.
- Select your keyboard layout, then click on Yes. Now click on the Skip button because you don’t want another layout. Right?
- Now you need to connect your PC to Wi-Fi. (if you’re using an ethernet connection it will connect automatically.
- Put your device name. (It’s all about you and also, it’s optional).
- Click on the Next button. After your click, your device will restart automatically. Don’t worry you will be able to stay where you were before restarting.
- Select Set up for personal use. By the way, this feature is only available for Windows 11 Pro. Windows 11 Home doesn’t have this option. Click on the Next button.
II. New account creation
- Create your Microsoft account. Put your Email or Contact number and click on Next.
- Confirm your account by creating a strong password. Click on Next.
- Click on the Create PIN button.
- Create a four-digit pin to log in to your device without a password. Click on OK.
III. Data backup Setup
- Select Set up as a new device option. And click on the Next Button.
- Choose your privacy settings and click on the Next button. Click the Next button again and click on the Accept button.
- Now select one or more options to use your device. This selection will allow the setup to suggest to you some tools, services, and advertisements.
- Click on the Accept or Skip button to skip this step.
- Now backup my files with one drive. It will automatically store the Desktop, Pictures, and Document folders in the cloud. Or you can select the Don’t back up my files option.
- Now Click on the Next button. Click on the No Thanks button to avoid the Microsoft Office Installation process.
So, that’s how to download and install Windows 11 for free and with this, you’re able to install a clean or fresh Windows 11 on your device. Now what? Now there are some settings required after successful installation of Windows 11. So, if you followed our step-by-step guide to installing Windows 11, Anto’s Web suggests you go through important settings after installation on Windows 11.
If all the above information in this article helps you, please show us your appreciation. Share this article on your social site to help others to get this information. And don’t forget to ask any questions about Windows 11. Although, if you have any questions related to windows you can ask us by commenting below. We will reply to you back or you can click another article like this in several Tech categories such as Computing, Gaming, Software, Security, and How to get the exact Information, Suggestions, Recommendations, Guidance, and more from Anto’s Web.